Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
"Peanuts add a pleasant crunch to this pudding," promises field editor Edna Hoffman of Hebron, Indiana.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually stir in milk; bring
- to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2
- minutes. Stir a small amount into eggs; return to pan and mix well.
- cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; add butter, vanilla, bananas and peanuts. Pour into dishes.
- Chill. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.