- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
"Easy to make and quick. I used french vanilla pudding as that is what I had in my cupboard. Turned out great husband loved it"
"Followed the recipe and the taste was as good as the ingredient. The pie did not stand up and was soupie. Not something I would ever serve to guest. What went wrong?"
"Whipped topping? Old fashioned? That is junk food, garbage. No thanks. That's it for this subscription."
"This is very good and easy to make, but I also use banana pudding in place of the vanilla. Gives it a more banana flavor. And I use the extra creamy whipped topping."
"Very good and very easy to make! I really liked this one!"
"nothing like real old fashioned banana cream pie... real is always better..."
"Quick and easy"
"I made this today and it turned out great! Super easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this last summer and everyone enjoyed it. I will be making it again for dessert on Sunday. Super easy and quick to make."
"Sounds great and a much faster way than I usually make. Thanks"