- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
Sort By :
"I made this today and it turned out great! Super easy to make and everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again."
"I made this last summer and everyone enjoyed it. I will be making it again for dessert on Sunday. Super easy and quick to make."
"Sounds great and a much faster way than I usually make. Thanks"
"I am really surprised to find that many of you don't realize that one cup can be by weight (8 oz) or by volume ( one full measuring cup). Not everything that is measured is by weight alone. That is how you can have 3 cups of whipped topping in a 12 oz. container. Spoon it into a one cup measuring cup, level off the top, then scoop it into your recipe. Repeat 2 more times. That equals the 3 cups needed for your recipe! And use a "dry" measuring cup (no pour spout) because there is a big difference between a dry measuring cup & one for liquids."
"sounds like a very easy & tasty pie. Can you please help me with the cool whip - not sure how much to mix into the pudding, Little confused with the measurements as the cool whip is to be divided, therefore this implies that only part of the cool whip is to be mixed into the van. pudding mixture, and some left for the topping. Also 3 cups is not 12 oz.Thanks, rating, haven't tried it therefore cannot rate it.Ann"