Old-Fashioned Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 canned ham (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Maraschino cherries
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside. Place ham in a baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, cloves, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Score top of ham. Place pineapple slices and cherries over ham; spoon glaze over top.
- 3. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 296 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 2360mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Baked Ham
"I like this recipe because it's simple. I always used to overcook my hams before this. Not any more! My family doesn't care for pineapple, so I skipped that - used apple juice because that's what I had on hand. That worked just fine. Definitely a repeatable recipe."
"My grandmother thought canned hams were "the bee's knees," even for special dinners. I recall how good her hams tasted. I decided to see if I could approximate her effort, and this recipe comes very, very close. I remember when I was a child that if I got one of the Maraschino cherry halves with a serving, I felt very privileged."