Old-Fashioned Baked Ham Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 can (5 pounds) boneless fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Maraschino cherries
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set aside pineapple and reserved juice. Save remaining juice for another use. Place ham in a baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, cloves, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice. Score ham; place pineapple slices and cherries over ham; spoon glaze over top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Baked Ham(1)
Sort By :
My grandmother thought canned hams were "the bee's knees," even for special dinners. I recall how good her hams tasted. I decided to see if I could approximate her effort, and this recipe comes very, very close. I remember when I was a child that if I got one of the Maraschino cherry halves with a serving, I felt very privileged.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >