- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and mace; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in apples and nuts. (Batter will be very stiff.)
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Walnut Cake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p76
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Apple Walnut Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2011
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2009
"tHIS CAKE SOUNDS WONDERFUL. i WOULD PUT A THIN SUGAR GLAZE ON TOP TO FINISH IT OFF. fRAN"