Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp Recipe
My whole family loves this recipe—fortunately for me, it's a breeze to prepare!
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour and remaining sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbs form. Drizzle water over apples; sprinkle with crumb topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC