Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp(9)
Sort By :
Another *GREAT* favorite!
I have made many apple crisps for my family. I love them so much! Warms you up on a cold day! This recipe is perfect. The right balance of sugar, flour, oats and butter to make the crisp! Mmmmm!!!
Great flavor with addition of the allspice!
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Yumm
This is my favorite apple crisp recipe I've made so far. I always use oats with really Full heads instead of the ones that look like they've been ground up into powder already. This gives them that classic oatmeal look and the smell of this crisp as it comes out of the oven is amazing. Truly mouth-watering. Serve with a little vanilla ice cream and it's like a little slice of heaven after dinner.