- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Place apples in a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and remaining sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbs form. Drizzle water over apples; sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review