- dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. stir in apples, walnuts and
- chips. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake
- at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire
- rack. Combine sugar and cardamom in a blender; process for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle 3-5 tablespoons over cooled cake. Store remaining sugar in
- an airtight container for another use. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.