Old-Country Sauerkraut 'N' Ribs
This simple one-pan dish is a complete meal and takes little time to prepare . Whenever I served this to my family I felt they were getting a hearty meal. It became a favorite.
North Fort Myers, Florida
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour and 30 min.
- 1 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 pound pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Layer the potato, sauerkraut and ribs in a greased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish. Combine the ketchup, molasses and Worcestershire sauce;
- pour over the ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15 minutes
- longer or until meat is tender. Remove ribs and cut into two-rib
- portions before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 647 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 1,482 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.