- once each day. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade, onions and spice bag. In
- a Dutch oven, brown roast in butter on all sides. Sprinkle with
- sugar. Add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Stir in molasses.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat
- is tender.
- Remove roast to a cutting board. Cut into thin slices; set aside.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch
- and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Add
- gingersnaps. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Return meat to gravy; heat through. Serve with spaetzle.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.