Oktoberfest Pork Roast Recipe
- 16 small red potatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa. Sprinkle with brown sugar, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Cut roast in half; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Skim fat and thicken cooking liquid if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 562 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Reviews for Oktoberfest Pork Roast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer