My husband, Charles, came up with this recipe. Pair it with a crispy pan of hot corn bread and you have a wonderful healthy meal.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 3 to 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add okra;
- cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or
- until corn is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 444 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.