Okra & Corn Saute Recipe
My family loves the fresh-from-the-garden taste of this dish. The combination of the peppered bacon and the Italian seasoning adds just the right amount of zesty flavor.—Karin Christian, Plano, Texas
- 8 cups fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 6 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Cut okra lengthwise; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 2. Stir in the corn, Italian seasoning and reserved okra; saute until okra is tender and corn is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Okra & Corn Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC