Okra & Corn Saute
My family loves the fresh-from-the-garden taste of this dish. The combination of the peppered bacon and the Italian seasoning adds just the right amount of zesty flavor.Karin Christian, Plano, Texas
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh or frozen okra, thawed
- 6 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Cut okra lengthwise; set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over
- medium heat until crisp.
- Stir in the corn, Italian seasoning and reserved okra; saute until
- okra is tender and corn is lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings (2/3
- cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.