Oklahoma Coconut Poke Cake Recipe
Coconut is the star of this cake. You get a double dose, once in the mixture that soaks into the cake and second with the coconut sprinkled on top. Don't worry though, it's a nice flavor treat...it's not too much coconut. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream of coconut and milk. Remove cake from oven; place on a wire rack. Using a wooden skewer, pierce top of cake to within 1 inch of edge; twist skewer gently to make slightly larger holes. Spoon milk mixture evenly over cake, being careful to fill each hole. Cool completely.
- 3. Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Oklahoma Coconut Poke Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC