- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cream of coconut and milk. Remove cake from oven; place on a wire rack. Using a wooden skewer, pierce top of cake to within 1 inch of edge; twist skewer gently to make slightly larger holes. Spoon milk mixture evenly over cake, being careful to fill each hole. Cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cake; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Oklahoma Coconut Poke Cake
"I have made this cake many times . Very easy it make . Very moist and yummy . Is a family favorite . And my family usually does not prefer cake ."
"This cake is awesome when refrigerated overnight after pouring the milk mixture over the cake. Next day spread with the cool whip and coconut and place back in refrigerator until time to serve. I have always got raves for this cake."
"The cream of coconut is usually with the drink mixers in our grocery store Librartist. Look for the Margarita mix and it should be nearby!"
"Im having trouble finding cream of coconut. I have found canned coconut milk, but not the cream?"
"This is an easy, delicious recipe. Sometimes I will add a can of drained crushed pineapple after the milk soaks in."