Okie Beans Recipe
I got the original version of this recipe from a pastor's wife. That makes sense—because it makes up a generous potful that's perfect for church suppers.—Linda Creason, McAlester, Oklahoma
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) ketchup
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, undrained
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion until the beef is browned and the onion is tender; drain. Add sausage and ham.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and ketchup; stir into beef mixture. Add all beans and mix well. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until sauce has thickened. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,152 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC