- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) ketchup
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, undrained
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion until the beef is browned and the onion is tender; drain. Add sausage and ham.
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and ketchup; stir into beef mixture. Add all beans and mix well. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until sauce has thickened. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Okie Beans
Sort By :
Okie Beans is a variation of "chuck wagon beans". I grew up loving chuck wagon beans, but must say, this gives it a run for its money! I love the additional meats! It's like a meat-lover pizza, but in the form of a chili. It is quite sweet, with its ketchup and brown sugar. It could probably do with less sugar, but is still very delicious! The whole family was happy (except one, who isn't crazy about beans...there's always ONE!) and most went back for seconds! Enjoy!