Oil and Vinegar Dressing
The goodness of crisp salad ingredients comes through when topped with this simple homemade dressing. It tastes so fresh. Mom made it for our family when I was growing up, and now I serve it to my grandchildren.
-Barbara Hyatt, Folsom, California
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Mixed salad greens and shredded red cabbage
- In a 1-qt. jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five
- ingredients. Add the water, vinegar and garlic; shake until sugar is
- dissolved. Add oil; shake well. Store in the refrigerator. Just
- before serving, remove garlic from the dressing. Drizzle over salad
- greens and red cabbage. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.