Oh-So-Good Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Maple syrup and/or fat-free milk, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add the apples, oats and salt; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Serve with maple syrup and/or milk if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oh-So-Good Oatmeal
Sort By :
"Great alternative to McDonald's oatmeal! Next time I may add dried cranberries!"
"we loved this but did add a little more brown sugar to make a little sweeter."
"I have been looking for an oatmeal recipe that I didn't have to stand at the stove stirring for a long time. This one is easy, fast and delicious. I didn't have apples so I substituted bananas. The bananas added sweetness, so I think I will reduce or eliminate the sugar next time. Definitely a keeper"
"My brother showed me a variation of this recipe that we all really like. He buys blueberries when they are in season and freezes enough to last him through the winter. He adds blueberries and chopped walnuts to the oatmeal. Blueberries have the highest concentration of vitamin C than any other fruit including oranges. Having fresh blueberries in the middle of winter is a real boost."
"Two thumbs up!"