Oh-So-Good Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 8 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 6 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Additional 2% milk, optional
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes and salt in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat milk, butter, garlic salt and pepper over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Drain potatoes, then shake over low heat for 1-2 minutes to dry. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or beat with a mixer; gradually add milk mixture. Stir in sour cream. Stir in additional milk to thin if desired. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Oh-So-Good Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
2-1/2 c. of milk is way too much milk. Potatoes were soupy. Cut back on the milk. I topped with fresh chives, minced
One of the best mashed potato recipes I have ever made. Quick, easy, and delicious. You can always doctor it up by adding some of your own likes but really is super tasty just the way it is.
Loved them. Definitely a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >