- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and green onions; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add asparagus, mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and asparagus is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with pepper.
Add chicken mixture to pasta mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool soup. Freeze soup and cheese separately in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw soup in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oh-So-Good Chicken Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Oh-So-Good Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
"I loved the mushrooms and asparagus in this! I used whole wheat rotini instead of bow tie pasta. My family enjoyed it too!"