Oh-So-Easy Tomato Cream Soup Recipe
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oh-So-Easy Tomato Cream Soup
Sort By :
My family did not care for the taste of this.
I added just 1/4 of a bar of cream cheese and my soup was creamy enough. If I was to make it again I would put in even more tomatoes for zest
I have rated this as written.
We made the following changes to the recipe, which we rate a 3-star:
1. Used 1 cup milk and 1 cup chicken broth for the 2 cups milk.
2. Used a 3 ounce package of cream cheese, NOT 8 ounce (I think that this is a typo in the recipe).
3. Left out the salt because canned tomatoes are salted already.
4. Used 2 tsp dried basil instead of the fresh.
5. Heated until warm, not boiling. Ours did not curdle.
There are so many more delicious tomato soups out there.
I love this recipe. My mother in law came over one day and we made it together with the gourmet grilled cheese. We loved it. I make it all the time now. Especially for a quick dinner.
I followed the directions, but maybe I blended it to long or something, mine turned out very frothy..It was not good. Not going to make again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >