- 8 cups milk
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1 cup instant hot cocoa mix
- 16 large marshmallows
- 16 Crows candies
- 16 lollipop sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup milk, chocolate chips and cocoa mix. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining milk; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cut a slit in top of each marshmallow; insert a candy. Carefully insert a lollipop stick through the bottom of each marshmallow and into each candy.
- Pour hot cocoa into mugs or cups; place two prepared marshmallows in each cup. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Ogre Eyes Hot Cocoa
"I love this it is awesome."
"Very cute idea! For those that are confused about the lollipop sticks, that not only keeps the 2 eyeballs together, but prevents them from flipping over due to the weight of the candy. Without the stick, they would fall forward into the hot cocoa."
"What a great idea! I think I will try Junior Mints next time. Very cute."
"The kids loved it. We followed the recipe and the kids enjoyed helping."
"VERY cute idea - had enough details that one should be able to make it without issues. Some suggested other candies, but need to remember that some candies' colors may bleed into the marshmallow... which may or may NOT be desirable.We got a good chuckle out of this great idea!"
"I think green dots for Shrek eyes would work ok"
"Crows Candies are like black licorice "Dots" candies. Maybe Milk Duds or Jr. Mints could be used as well. Cute idea!"
"What are Crows candies?"
"Not explained in good enough detail. If marshmallows float, why the sticks? Ithink scarier if they floated whereever they would float."
"Not explained what uses of sticks is for. Do not like recipes that make me think. Do bthe marshmallows float? If son they would be scarier just flosating wherever they wanted to go."