Cayenne pepper packs some punch in this crunchy blend of cereal, crackers, pretzels and peanuts from Terry Kuehn of Waunkee, Wisconsin. Although it makes a big batch, you might have to make more at halftime!
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Originally published as Odds 'n' Ends Snack Mix in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p45
Reviews for Odds 'n' Ends Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review