Odds 'n' Ends Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 package (6 ounces) miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and cayenne; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 300° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 4 quarts.
Reviews for Odds 'n' Ends Snack Mix(3)
Sort By :
This snack really had a kick but my husband loved it! I will definitely be making this again!!
I just remembered: I didn't have the cheese crackers to make the mix to-day, so Iused 6 cups Rice Chex and 4 cups Corn Chex.
I added a package of "Simply Pretzel Thins Baked Naturals in addition to the dry roasted peanuts and pretzel twists.
I have substituted other ingredients if I don't have the exact ingredient on hand!
Actually, I HAD prepared this snack mix before and I'm making it again 6/29/13!
I made the following adjustments to meet my tastes: I just used: 4 cups each of Corn Chex & Rice Chex, 1 package(12-oz.)
mini pretzel twists
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 cup vegetable oil used instead of butter
I used oil instead of using butter!
For me, this adaptation worked out!
Thank you for this recipe! Snack mixes for me are something which I prepare frequently and take them for our Coffee
time at our chapel. People enjoy the various snack mixes I bring and I've had to take inventory so when our supply of snack
mixes is low, I can turn to a # of TOH mix recipes I've used over time!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Potluck Appetizers >