Octopus and Seaweed
Your hungry kids will squirm with delight when they get a look at these remarkable smiley sea creatures perched on a bed of seaweed.Kerry Tittle, Little Rock, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- 4 hot dogs
- 5 drops liquid green food coloring, optional
- Prepared mustard
- In a large saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the
- noodles and contents of seasoning packet. Boil for 3-4 minutes or
- until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, add 4 in. of water to another large saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Cut each hot dog lengthwise into eight strips to within 2 in
- of one end. Drop into boiling water; cook until heated through.
- Add food coloring to noodles if desired. Drain if necessary. Place
- noodles on serving plates; top with a hot dog. Add eyes and mouth
- with dabs of mustard. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 860 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.