Octoberfest Ribs Recipe
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 2 tart green apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pounds pork spareribs
- 1. In a Dutch oven, layer all ingredients in the order listed. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the ribs are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 372 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Octoberfest Ribs
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer