Ocean Cake Recipe
Whether it's for a pool or birthday party, this fish-themed cake will snag smiles from kids of all ages! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2-2/3 cups canned vanilla frosting
- Blue and green Fruit Roll-Ups
- Fish candies
- Black shoestring licorice
- Candy stick
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Spread 1-2/3 cups frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Using the back of a spoon, make waves on the top of cake with remaining frosting.
- 3. Cut wave shapes out of Fruit Roll-Ups; gently press along bottom of cake. Arrange additional wave shapes and fish candies on top of cake as desired. Tie licorice on one end of candy stick to create a fishing pole. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ocean Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC