Whether it's for a pool or birthday party, this fish-themed cake will snag smiles from kids of all ages! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2-2/3 cups canned vanilla frosting
- Blue and green Fruit Roll-Ups
- Fish candies
- Black shoestring licorice
- Candy stick
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two
- greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1-2/3 cups frosting between layers and over top and sides of
- cake. Using the back of a spoon, make waves on the top of cake with
- remaining frosting.
- Cut wave shapes out of fruit roll-ups; gently press along bottom of
- cake. Arrange additional wave shapes and fish candies on top of cake
- as desired. Tie licorice on one end of candy stick to create a
- fishing pole. Yield: 12 servings.