Oaty Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
"I call these ’What I Had On Hand’ cookies because I created them with whatever ingredients were in my kitchen at the time," says Sherry Craw of Mattoon, Illinois. Peanut butter, oats, toffee bits and chocolate chips will make frequent requests in your home.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and egg whites. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Oaty Peanut Butter Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC