Oaty Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and egg whites. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Oaty Peanut Butter Cookies
Sort By :
"Made these today with some changes. I cut the butter back to 1/2 cup and added 1/4 cup applesauce, scant 1/2 cup peanut butter, used Whey-Low sugar and brown sugar which only have 4 calories per tsp, used scant 2 cups oatmeal, 2/3 cup butterscotch chips, 4 tbsp choc chips and 2/3 cup toffee bits. The cookies turned out fine, mine were soft: don't know if they were supposed to be crispy . The yield was 54 cookies instead of 60 and they are 77 calories per cookie. I can never eat just one cookie so these fit my requirements without breaking the calorie bank."
"These cookies weren't bad per se, but they were a little bit crumblier than I would prefer. They weren't horrible, just not my cup of tea."
" I just viewed the recipe and the ingredients seem to be quite common for cookies. It 'might' have a little too much pb and butter that could make them flaky and break apart. The do look good, so I hope more people have tried it and will post."
"This was a waste of ingredients. These cookies completely fell apart. As soon as you pick them up they crumble. I am not an amateur baker, very disappointed in this recipe. :("