Oatmeal Yeast Rolls Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 9 to 10-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter, optional
- HONEY BUTTER (optional):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add oats and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Remove to a bowl; cool to 110°-115°. Heat remaining water to 110°-115°; stir in yeast and sugar. To oat mixture, add eggs, brown sugar, salt, yeast mixture and half the flour; mix well. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down and divide into four pieces; shape each piece into 13 balls. Place in four greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, 45-60 minutes. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Brush tops with butter if desired. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, beat butter and honey until smooth; serve with rolls. Yield: 52 rolls.
1 each: 117 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Oatmeal Yeast Rolls
"I only had 8 inch pans and was able to put twelve rolls per pan and it worked out fine. I also used my Kitcheaid mixer to mix and knead the dough. I only had to cook the rolls for about 27 minutes and they were done just right. Keep an eye on them while cooking to make sure they don't overbake. My husband, kids and neighbors loved them!"