Oatmeal with Peach Sauce Recipe
In Milford, Indiana, Kathy Rairigh warms up many a crisp fall morning by spooning a sweet chunky fruit sauce over oatmeal. "Replace half of the peaches with applesauce," she suggests.
- 2 cups diced peeled fresh or frozen peach slices
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons plus 3-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Milk and slivered almonds, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine peaches, syrup, 3 tablespoons water, orange juice concentrate, cinnamon and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring the remaining water to a boil. Stir in the oats, raisins, brown sugar and salt. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve oatmeal with peach sauce, and milk and almonds if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Oatmeal with Peach Sauce
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2012
"This was really good! I don't like oatmeal much, but this was embellished enough to be yummy. :) I used frozen peaches."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC