Oatmeal with Apples Recipe
My twin girls can give me double trouble when I try to feed them breakfast. But whenever I make this recipe, they always have big helpings. They also like to help pick the apples from the trees in our own backyard.
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2-1/3 cups apple juice
- 1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a saucepan, combine apple, apple juice, oats, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins, honey and vanilla. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 215 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal with Apples
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC