Oatmeal Walnut Cookies Recipe
These yummy cookies, from Marjorie Ferrin of Colorado Springs, Colorado, are perfect with an afternoon cup of coffee or glass of milk.
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 cookies.
1 cookie equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC