These yummy cookies, from Marjorie Ferrin of Colorado Springs, Colorado, are perfect with an afternoon cup of coffee or glass of milk.
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 14 cookies.
Originally published as Oatmeal Cookies in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p9
Reviews for Oatmeal Walnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review