This recipe can be used to make pancakes as well as waffles. Both are delicious because of their hearty, whole-grain flavor. For special treat, serve them topped with fruit or a flavored syrup! Mrs. Francis Stoops
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Milk, optional
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and buttermilk. Add oats and mix well. Stir
- in molasses and oil. Combine flour, balking soda, baking powder and
- salt; stir into the egg mixture. If batter becomes too thick, thin
- with a little milk. Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a greased
- preheated waffle maker. Bake according to manufacturer's directions.
- To make pancakes: Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased
- griddle. Turn when bubbles begin to form on top of pancake. Yield:
- 5 waffles (7 inches) or about 15 standard-size pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium,