These healthful, good-tasting waffles are a tried-and-true family favoriteeven with our two children.
My husband and I have a small herd of beef cattle and some pigs. A hearty breakfast really gets us going!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and
- salt; set aside. In small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and
- brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with
- size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking.
- Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt.
- Yield: 6 waffles.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 bread, 2 fats; also, 176 calories, 223 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 8 gm fat.