Oatmeal Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Assorted fresh fruit and yogurt of your choice
- In large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar. Add to flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased waffle iron (amount will vary with size of waffle iron). Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Use fork to remove baked waffle. Top with fresh fruit and yogurt. Yield: 6 waffles.
Reviews for Oatmeal Waffles(31)
Sort By :
These waffles are my favorite!!! If you want to eat them with eggs or savory foods simply keep the cinnamon out.
Good hearty oatmeal waffle recipe. Work for a small local business ... in the city suburbs. And... our 5 children liked the waffles. My wife dry blended "Old Fashion slow cook Oats" and added to dry ingredients in place of quick cook oats. Turned out great!
I'm a little concerned that, after entering the ingredients into both a calorie counter app on my phone as well as a cookbook program on my desktop, the nutrition information is way off. For six servings, both programs I used to compute calories showed 352 calories per waffle... Double what the recipe states. I can understand a slight variance, but double? Maybe the servings should state 12 instead of 6? :(
Rated as good as our standard Sunday waffles from Joy of Cooking. I used our (also standard) modifications: 1/3 of the flour was whole wheat and half the milk was substituted with yoghurt, in this case Ban-illa. These did stick more than our usual recipe, so I used an oil brush lightly on waffles 2-6
Went to make this recipe the other day, only to find that my daughter had thrown out the rest of my quick-cooking oats. So I gave the following a try, and it turned out fantastic...In place of the quick-cooking oats, cinnamon and brown sugar, I used 2 packets of instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal. My kids want to know when I'm making this again. SO GOOD!