Oatmeal Valentine Cookies
What better way to show your valentine how much you care than to bake him or her a sweet treat? These cookies are fun to make and fun to eat!
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Red colored sugar, optional
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl,
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and
- vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into
- heart shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with red
- sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until light
- golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2
- dozen 3-inch cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.