Oatmeal Valentine Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Red colored sugar, optional
- 1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into heart shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with red sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies.
Test Kitchen Tip
2 each: 221 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Valentine Cookies
"The recipe is missing some ingredients. I had to add 1/4 cup water to make the dough, and the cookies are really bland. Perhaps some cinnamon and ground cloves or brown sugar. They are more like bland sugar cookies with oatmeal. Won't try them again."
"Super easy and easy to figure out when to put in the flour mixture."
"it simple but nice taste and easy"
"Part of the recipe is missing!!!!!!!"