What better way to show your valentine how much you care than to bake him or her a sweet treat? These cookies are fun to make and fun to eat!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Red colored sugar, optional
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into heart shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with red sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies.
Originally published as Oatmeal Valentine Cookies in Country February/March 1992, p49
Reviews for Oatmeal Valentine Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2015
"Super easy and easy to figure out when to put in the flour mixture."
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2013
"it simple but nice taste and easy"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2010
"Part of the recipe is missing!!!!!!!"