- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Red colored sugar, optional
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into heart shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with red sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies.
Originally published as Oatmeal Valentine Cookies in Country February/March 1992, p49
Reviews for Oatmeal Valentine Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2013
it simple but nice taste and easy
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2010
Part of the recipe is missing!!!!!!!