Oatmeal Surprise Cookies Recipe
Chocolate-covered raisins and the warm, autumn flavor of pumpkin-pie spice turn these oatmeal cookies into prize-winning gourmet treats! Kids of all ages will down 'em by the dozen—and at 12¢ a cookie, you can let 'em! —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 3. Flatten slightly. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 149 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Oatmeal Surprise Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC