Chocolate-covered raisins and the warm, autumn flavor of pumpkin-pie spice turn these oatmeal cookies into prize-winning gourmet treats! Kids of all ages will down 'em by the dozen—and at 12¢ a cookie, you can let 'em! —Rebecca Clark, Warrior, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly. Bake 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Surprise Cookies in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p33
Reviews for Oatmeal Surprise Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review