Oatmeal Spice Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water
- Brown sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 batches (about 1 cup total).
- 2. To prepare oatmeal: In a bowl, combine oats and 2 tablespoons oatmeal spice mix. Add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 290 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Spice Mix
"I took all the dry items and mixed, then put into snack sized bags. Put in a cup of coffee add water til cup is 3/4 full of water and mix. Heat 2 mins in micro wave let sit 1 min. mix and mine is usually thin, so I just drink it. lol I do this at work. I can then rinse my coffee cup out and have coffee. However, I have already had a hearty breakfast."
"I've been using this recipe every morning for 3 1/2 years now. It's EXCELLENT! Not too sweet, but gives the ho-hum oatmeal just the right kick to start the day off with! I even pack it in snack-sized baggies to take along when I'm going to be away from home. Thanks SO much for sharing!!!"