These rich buttery cookies from Marion Hall are great with a steaming cup of coffee. "My family enjoys these chewy treats very much," remarks the Etobicoke, Ontario cook.
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually
- add the flour, oats and salt. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Prick with a fork if desired. Bake at 325° for 30-35
- minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 111 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.