Oatmeal Scones Recipe
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Sprinkle oats onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and toasted; cool. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Whisk together the egg and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 400° for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 346 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Scones
"Really easy to make and my kids loved them. We will be making this recipe again!!!"
"Awesome! Easy to make. I burnt the pecans so I didn't add them. Made the buttermilk. Baked mine on a round stone greased with canola oil for about 18 min."