Oatmeal S'more Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Oatmeal S'more Cookies(10)
Sort By :
The oats seemed to dry the dough out. The cookies were a mess. They taste OK. I have a half of a batch that I can present to friends and family.
These are VERY good cookies, but VERY messy. They stick to the pan horribly even with grease on it. The taste is fantastic, but they definitely aren't pretty cookies as stated before. They turn into a bunch of pieces when taking them off the pan. Great idea... Trying to figure out how to make them better. I followed one reviews suggestion of 2 1/4 cups flour 1 cup oats.
Started making this recipe last year, as listed, and they are my husbands favorite cookie. His work is constantly requesting that I make them. True, the marshmallows do melt and they may not be the prettiest cookies, but the taste is scrumptious! I may try a little less flour next time as recommended by another reader though.
This recipe appeared in the magazine with 2 1/4 C flour, and 1 C oats, and it's much better that way. I recommend a silicone baking mat, so that the marshmallows don't stick to your cookie sheet. Definitely let them cool awhile before attempting to move them off of the mat!
Am I the only one who had a problem with the marshmallows melting and spreading? Didn't look all that great - taste was fine
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >