Oatmeal Rolls Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 to 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add oatmeal and butter; simmer 1 minute. Remove to a large bowl and let cool to 120°-130°. Heat the remaining water to 120°-130°; add yeast. To the oatmeal mixture, add brown and white sugars, salt, yeast mixture and half of the flour. Mix well. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Add additional flour if necessary. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide in half and shape each half into 12 balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45-60 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes. Yield: 24 rolls.
1 each: 146 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Rolls
"I have made these a couple times now-love them, soft fluffy ,yummy. I sometimes use quick oats, and sometimes old fashioned. Last batch I added a few raisens to them. seems fool proof to me"
"Good, but we've made better oatmeal bread and rolls. Good use of leftover breakfast oatmeal though."