Whenever I share these spiced muffins, they're snapped up in a hurry.—Clyde Blount, Pearl, Mississippi
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar and oil; stir in oat mixture. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into batter just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Muffins in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p53
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
"I made the recipe with the addition of chopped pecans and they were a hit with my husband. Easy, fast and tastes great. What more could I ask?"