Whenever I share these spiced muffins, they're snapped up in a hurry.—Clyde Blount, Pearl, Mississippi
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the egg, brown sugar and oil; stir in oat mixture. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into batter just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Muffins in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p53
Reviews for Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
"I made the recipe with the addition of chopped pecans and they were a hit with my husband. Easy, fast and tastes great. What more could I ask?"